WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you favourite frogman be? share some pics all, please. cheers.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I've always liked the clear Frogs especially the 9900 series mainly because the "Frogman" text on the bezel is on the right. Unfortunately, the clear plastics tends to turn yellowish with age. So my favorites are clear 9900's.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Mr. Buzzbait, if you are reading this post, do you think I can dye this type of clear plastic and if so, what type of dye should I use? Will the RIT dye you use work on this? I want to turn this into a yellowish or reddish jelly. Sorry to hijack this thread...;-)

[/quote]

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Mr. Buzzbait, if you are reading this post, do you think I can dye this type of clear plastic and if so, what type of dye should I use? Will the RIT dye you use work on this? I want to turn this into a yellowish or reddish jelly. Sorry to hijack this thread...;-)
Yes. RIT dye works wonderfully on clear resin bezels. Just remember that the bezel will always be translucent in color, even after dying. The bezel will never be opaque in color.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
watchluver, the Real black froggy looks really good.
saw it up on sale once, but too expensive to own.
almost as rare as a brazilian!

good! :-!

·
Registered
274 Posts
I don't like the Brazilian, it's my least favourite, as it's not recommended for daily wearing due to the "fragile" camo print. I don't want to see my expensive G-Shock get ruined so easily for the purpose of wearing it. So the RB is great to wear and the in thing now for watches is stealth, even luxury watches like Bell&Ross has an All-Black model.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Sjors' red jelly frogman is my favorite.
Followed by Sjors' MIY frog, followed by Sjors Red Metallic Frog...

yep, you guessed it.. no froggies of my own yet!
Hope to score with the new release in November.:-!

-Gawain

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Yes. RIT dye works wonderfully on clear resin bezels. Just remember that the bezel will always be translucent in color, even after dying. The bezel will never be opaque in color.
Thank you Sir :-! A translucent red will be nice I think (after looking at Sjor's lovely red metallic Froggy). Will it look like the picture below u think? I have to check the craft shops in Singapore, I hope have they have this brand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts