WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been at this too long and only have a few watches, but for the first time I know what you guys mean when you talk about "bonding" with a watch. I really like all the watches I have but this SRP363 keeps finding a way to my wrist.

photo.JPG

It's nothing fancy, but I reeeeeaaaaaaly like it!

What was YOUR first time bonding and did it ever fade?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I saw the word "bondage" in the title of this thread I thought of something very different than what the OP's referring to...My relationship with watches has never involved coat hanger wire, or handcuffs. |>
No one has had to tie you up to keep you from buying a watch?

Just make sure you have a safety word. Ours is "coconuts".
Interesting. Ours is "pistachio almond ice cream."

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're too kind...ours is Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän
Good thing about that one is that it sounds the same while bound and gagged.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I came to this thread expecting something else, was a little disappointed. The subsequent comments more than made up for it though ;-)

The first watch I really "Bonded" with was my Alpinist and still am in "bondage with it :-d
This thread needs more pics because as nice as the lady a few posts up is she don't really count!

Also, you guys use safe words? Pfft, amateurs :-d

Reactions: ffritz and emaja

·
Registered
387 Posts
Also, you guys use safe words? Pfft, amateurs :-d
safe words are absolutely necessary. the trick is to make it convoluted enough that you have time to hut 'em up before they can finish it. i prefer supercalafragilistickexpealidocious. it doesn't count unless they get it all out.

tumblr_lzjrsoo61q1r50h4io1_400.png

but, yeah, watches...

this was my faithful companion for a long time. i had a couple others, but i'd say the monster got 80% of my attention.

tumblr_n4nivajIQG1r24vxoo1_500.jpg

·
Registered
921 Posts
My favorite safe word is the correct pronunciation of "gnocchi".

The first watch I bonded with was probably my Steinhart OVM, every part of it is so well machined, and the dial is simply beautiful. It's just a pleasure to wear.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the Ocean Vintage Red on my list. I am just about there with replenishing The Fund.

·
Registered
9,368 Posts
but, yeah, watches...
Yeah, all right then..

The watch that was a real surprise to me was the Maranez Layan I bought on impulse a bit over a year ago:

Maranez_r1.jpg

Maranez_v.jpg

When I saw it in a review first I thought the numerals looked really odd. Then I found out about the history of Cali dials and it grew on me, so I pulled the trigger. When I received the watch I loved it from the start. No date, no second hand, brass case, seriously heavy and tough, beautiful steel case back, slightly domed sapphire crystal,.. gorgeous. It's the only watch I have that made it to my monthly top 5 most worn watches list every time from January through April of this year.

And by the way, it also has very solid screwed lugs, too, so you can use it as.. er, well.. no, what I mean is, this forced patina thing, you know, you can.. ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts