WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Which would you choose and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I prefer the look of the negative display version so that is the one I would choose. Negative displays are less practical than positive ones but me personally am not too bothered by that. The negative display on the GD-350 is amongst the best negative displays Casio has to offer.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I don't like the look of the negative display at all (the yellow digits with the brownish background to be exact), so I would definitely choose the positive display.

cheers

·
Banned
198 Posts
I have the negative display version and absolutely love it. I have virtually no readability issues in dim/low light and the backlight is phenomenal.

I really think the neg display adds to the "stealth" look of the watch!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388252072.022139.jpg

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I've had the negative display one for many months now and I'm glad I chose it over the positive display. It is hands down the best looking of the GD-350 line, with a terrific legible display... IMHO. The back light on these is quite bright, which kind of kills it as a stealth watch. But I suspect that for a majority of owners, this would be a welcomed enhancement. Most civilians are not worried about maintaining their night vision at all costs. ;-)

·
Registered
929 Posts
well the GD350 was designed for those "special dark, secret missions that demand something extra." ( GD-350-1B - Watches - CASIO )

so yeah, best to go with Neg display, looks cooler- more stealthy and it reduces the chances of you getting caught when on those dark secret missions. lol
You mean when you need to go to the toilet at night and you don't want to wake up your wife?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The best price I could find anywhere today was for a 1B, which I bought to learn about the vibration alarm and low battery indicator. In any case, after a year with a Citizen Nighthawk, I'm hardened to display issues.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Since this is one of those rare G-shocks with well executed extra-bright numerals and indices on a negative display models, I'd go for the negative model. I saw it in a local 'Central' G-Shock boutique in Auckland few weeks back and was very pleasantly surprised.

Otherwise positive would be my pick, in 99% other cases.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
The bright LED-illumination is especially handy for those nightly visits to the toilet - you don't even have to turn on the light but can use the LED as a mini-flashlight instead - in that case the positive version is better as it has a brighter backlight. Btw: I still think the gray GD-350-8 is the best-looking of the bunch :-d.

cheers, Sedi :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have the 1d (1DR in fact) and absolutely love it. I want to try the 1B as well since I have never owned a neg display due to the legibility concern. But many people praised 1B as the best neg display casio has ever made, so this one could be a game changer.

Since the price is low, I might flip some of my collection and buy a 1B later...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts