WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or opinions regarding the Magico Carbonmatic? I really like the bold, heavy look, but in my research have heard varying opinions. :thanks

·
Registered
80 Posts
Had to Google it.... TBH the fact that they have ridiculously inflated RRPs screams "AVOID!!!!", plus they're, err, a bit blingy. If you want a cheap auto look at Seiko and Citizen, both of whom have some pretty "bold" and "heavy" designs without the bling...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I too am wary of the "$1000 rrp... save 900" line, but quite like the look. Yes, it is a bit over the top but it's got... something...

In Overstock's description they say "This watch is powered by automatic movement which means the winding of the spring occurs automatically when the wearer moves his arm. However, it is recommended that you manually wind the watch at least once every two weeks." My much loved Orange Monster (no manual wind, though twice the price) gets by on being worn once every two days for 10-12 hours, so the Magico may have an inefficient self-winding mechanism and /or does not have a great power reserve. People who know better than me may like to comment as to whether that is an indicator of quality in any way.

·
11,544 Posts
This has a Miyota movement, (owned by Citizen) it is most likely the same grade as Croton and Invicta use in thier $100 automatics. They seem to be reliable.

I swapped a watch for one, I think it has a great look but I had a couple issues with mine. I bright sun you could see haze under the crystal, so I had to take it apart and clean it. I am picky about this and 99% of the time no one would notice it. Then I stripped one of the screws in the band. I just moved it to the top and epoxied it in. Other than that it comfortable and works great. It does hand wind.

SO if you like it, it's a cool $100 piece, I have seen it on clearance with a free winder for close to $100.

Here is mine:

·
11,544 Posts
These watches do have a nice display back as well....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts