WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I notice that most the members on here really like the 8500 version of the Planet Ocean, but I don't tend to hear people talk about the 2500 version that much. Obviously I know that the 8500 is an amazing movement, and the 2 movements cant really be compared. So anyways, What are your guys' opinions on it (PO 2500)? What do you think of it?

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Actually, over in the Omega subforum there are numerous members who prefer the 2500 PO over the current generation. The most common reason being the thinner size and the comparatively subdued dial of the 2500. There have been quite a few threads where the design merits of each watch have been thoroughly debated and the members have gotten heated.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, over in the Omega subforum there are numerous members who prefer the 2500 PO over the current generation. The most common reason being the thinner size and the comparatively subdued dial of the 2500. There have been quite a few threads where the design merits of each watch have been thoroughly debated and the members have gotten heated.
That sounds interesting. I'll be sure to check some of those threads out. Thanks for the reference.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not asking for a comparison of the two, for the sake of this thread you can pretend the 8500 doesn't exist if you want. Just opinions on the 2500.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The 2500 PO is a true modern icon, the watch that cemented Omega's status as a bonafied Rolex alternative.

It features a stunning, timeless design which perfectly balances elements of Omega's past with bold new strokes that look to it's future. Functionally, it does not get much better... Extremely durable, and supremely precise as a time-keeper.

Some will laud the 8500 as a far superior movement, but the fact remains that both the 2500 and 8500 can be calibrated to +/- 1 second a day... Making any comparisons between the two more or less moot from a purely practical standpoint.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I notice that most the members on here really like the 8500....
Not me - I much prefer the looks and reasonable thickness of the 2500.

So anyways, What are your guys' opinions on it (PO 2500)? What do you think of it?
Absolutely love it. A far better watch than one would expect for well under $3K.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I adore the PO 2500. I am currently on the hunt to pick one up...and trying to figure out how to pay for it. I find the 8500 too thick and flashy. I have a 2500 series Aqua Terra, and I have basically the same opinion about 8500 Aqua Terras -- too thick and not a fan of the textured dial or the indices. Basically, I don't like the design direction of Omega since the 8500 movement, although no one can dispute that the movement itself is a great leap forward.

So in conclusion - 2500 PO is a gorgeous piece!

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
It's a modern classic for sure, and very accurate. I thought the raised graphic on the case back was a bit uncomfortable when my arm was a little swollen and the watch was tight. I also bought the xl size and it was too big on me.

I have the 8500 now in 42mm and prefer it for a number of reasons. I love the little bit of additional bling, the smooth case back is more comfy, the new clasp is sleeker, and the stitched rubber strap has been improved greatly vs. the version for the 2500.

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
I own the 2500 and have had it a few years. Great watch, accurate (was +2 when I bought it, dropped it on a tile floor last year, and has been +8 ever since, still not bad for that kind of abuse). I have tried on the 8500 and really liked it, looks and feel. However, not gonna sell my 2500 to finance such a big cost difference. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355326844.960931.jpg

·
Registered
14,385 Posts
I'm not asking for a comparison of the two, for the sake of this thread you can pretend the 8500 doesn't exist if you want. Just opinions on the 2500.
I have the 2500 and I love it. Mine runs +1 sec/24 hours. It's not to thick (unlike someone else who doesn't exist). I think it looks classy and sporty and if you could only wear one watch the 2500 might be my first choice.

My PO 1.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts