WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just some other user, I cannot afford a 1967 Amphibia Homage, and am looking instead for some 70's 119 Tonneau.

Most of the one I encountered on the bay and molotok.ru had badly damaged bezels and faded hands.

Now, our young friend Mr. Roman Bovduy from sovieterawatch (who has quite mixed review in forums) offers two examples, which I suspect have been slightly repaired (bezel/second hand/lume/glass?). What do you think?

Are these still original looking, though honestly "overhauled", or frankly a shame?

Perhaps Seele or Mamurai can share their thoughts?

NR.1:

com588.jpg com588a.jpg com588a1.jpg com588b.jpg com588b1.jpg com588c.jpg com588d.jpg

NR. 2:

com592.jpg com592a.jpg com592a1.jpg com592b.jpg com592b1.jpg com592c.jpg com592d.jpg

PS: The guy is impressively consistent in the way he makes his single shots!

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Hello!

Just some other user, I cannot afford a 1967 Amphibia Homage, and am looking instead for some 70's 119 Tonneau.

Most of the one I encountered on the bay and molotok.ru had badly damaged bezels and faded hands.

Now, our young friend Mr. Roman Bovduy from sovieterawatch (who has quite mixed review in forums) offers two examples, which I suspect have been slightly repaired (bezel/second hand/lume/glass?). What do you think?

Are these still original looking, though honestly "overhauled", or frankly a shame?

Perhaps Seele or Mamurai can share their thoughts?
Nothing obviously wrong to my eye. You might want to place a known authentic dial picture in a "side-by-side" to make sure but if any "restoration" was done it was a very fine job!

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Here's one from database to compare. The one in question is antimagnetic so not exactly the same dial but they look very close. I'd say one on left is newer but authentic. On the other hand, it would be nice to see antimagnetic shield and antimagnetic denoted on the case back...which it doesn't have...?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I don't quite see the issue ...even if they were repaired/frankened ...they look fine.

You can't have it both ways and expect a 100% authentic vintage 70's watch in as new condition for the price of a battered and tired example.

I'd say these two are as good as you're going to get for little money, regardles of their history (which may or may not be genuine)

They price was only good of course before you published the ads here as now some of the lurkers will push it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts