WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to own my first pam with 361. any opinions or comments for this model is most welcome.

Are there any known issues about this movements I should know of?

Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Sorry. not a fan of the 361. have not heard any issues, and really have not seen anyone on this mention or post photos.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
a great looking Watch.
i love the 2 Registers Chrono. but most importantly, if YOU like it ? then go for it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I LOVE IT!!!!! Cleaner version of my original PAM Grail the 212. :-!

If I'm not mistaken it should have the OP XIX movement based on an ETA/Valjoux 7750 (same as the 212) which are pretty robust movements and in dire circumstances.... most competent watch makers should be able to service it.

My only wish was that it had a sandwich dial. :p

·
4,076 Posts
I prefer the 212. But, if you like it, that's all that matters!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I prefer the 212. But, if you like it, that's all that matters!
Pre-owned prices have dropped on the quite a bit. Time to jump on one if you haven't already ;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
i love this watch. love the brushed case, the size, and the chronos. IMO not too busy of a dial.

for some reason this watch doesn't get much love. that's another reason i dig it, since you won't really see many at all in the wild;)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I like it, I considered this watch before I bought the 305 (size wins) I like it because it's similar to the 212 but doesn't have the domed crystal which I've found tends to make the watch look even smaller. Nice choice.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi people, appreciate those comments...I had been convinced by another friend and Pam lover to steer away chronos for pam which also makes some sense to me...hence im considering either a 351 or 177.. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I like Panerai chronographs. I've seen a 361 in the wild and it looks good.

·
4,076 Posts
Gotta be a personal preference thing. Most of the Panaerai chronos are based off of ETA/Valjoux 7750s or 7753s, so reliability should not be a concern.

I love, love, LOVE the PAM188, personally. That would be the chrono I would choose above any other. Then the 212, then the 288.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Most of the Panaerai chronos are based off of ETA/Valjoux 7750s or 7753s, so reliability should not be a concern.
Those were my thoughts. Just curious if the poster had a personal experience with a failed PAM chrono or just a general disdain for them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts