WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
IMO the newer 6 digit reference models don’t look as good on straps as the 5 digits do. The thicker lugs don’t work well on straps.
This is just my opinion and if you like the look than that’s all that matters. Wear it in good health

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O for 4 so far. Is it the color? Or more a case of not liking leather on this particular watch?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts

I’d try something like this. This isn’t my picture, just giving you an idea of how to make the leather work on the exp 2. Also, the exp 2 looks great on natos

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
For me, the problem is the combination of 'gator with a rallye/racing style design. One is dressy, and the other casual. The pic Pharm_D posted, for example, has more of a consistent vide. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Like that so much better!

I’d try something like this. This isn’t my picture, just giving you an idea of how to make the leather work on the exp 2. Also, the exp 2 looks great on natos

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
I think the colour conflicts a tiny bit with the orange hand... If you could get rid of that, the strap would look amazing 🙂 Even though the strap isn't 100% perfect, it still looks a million times better than a bracelet does

·
Registered
9,064 Posts
It looks so much better on it's original bracelet. :)
That strap does nothing for the look of the watch.

Reactions: Henrik A

·
Registered
295 Posts
Another no sorry. I like to keep rally straps for chronographs or racing themed watches.

The explorers look great on NATO's or those rubber straps if the stock bracelet isn't your thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
dressy croc strap with Explorer II Polar? Not for me
Rally strap + croc? Not for me

I think you need something a little more casual with the ExpII. It looks way better on Nato even than the dressy croc leather.

·
Banned
108 Posts

it looks beautiful. I think I should have something like this

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
The first thing that caught my eye and completely turned me off was the croc-rally strap, before I even saw the watch (which is beautiful).

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I'm not a fan of *any* straps on Rolex watches other than, maybe a DJ or DD. And then, they need to be genuine alligator or, maybe, croc. That said, I love the Hirsch Viscount alligator strap I put on my Omega Speedmaster Professional (3570.50).

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sorry, but it’s a no from me, as well. The Oyster bracelet is hands-down the best look on that watch, followed by a NATO/Zulu/MN, then a rugged non-gloss leather. Even judging that strap on it’s own merits, the combination of rally holes with that print just rubs me the wrong way. Again, sorry.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts