WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any absolute personal rules that guide your watch habits? Post your always and never rules. Here are mine.

I ALWAYS try to sync the second hand of the watch I am wearing as close to atomic time as possible (even my mechanicals). Knowing a watch I am wearing may be 32 seconds off causes exteme duress .

I will NEVER put any watch I own an a NATO strap, especially those multi colored ones. To me, they make any watch look cheap and tacky (just my opinion, not trying to insult anyone).

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Funny, I love NATOs on certain watches and almost never bother with setting it accurate to the second even if the watch has hacking

NATOs are classy if paired correctly!

In terms of habits I like to watch the like glow in dark rooms and sometimes cup my wrist when no one is looking to see the glow

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
271 Posts
Knowing my watch is off even 5 seconds gives me ulcers.
I don't particularly like NATO straps. Leather or Rubber or whatever Casio straps are made of. That's all I got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny, I love NATOs on certain watches and almost never bother with setting it accurate to the second even if the watch has hacking

NATOs are classy if paired correctly!
You are like Bizarro-World Pantagruel.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
Always: Align bezel at 12:00 unless timing something.

Never: Wear a watch loose. You don't need to cut off circulation to your fingers, but if a watch moves up and down on your wrist, you need to go back and resize it properly.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
My ALWAYS and NEVER has changed through the years in collecting due to changing tastes.

Mine used to be ALWAYS buy autos and NEVER quartz's or any stationery chrono hand and NEVER a watch without lume.

Needless to say this has changed.....

Now I:

ALWAYS buy a watch that speaks to me and makes me smile when I wear it.

NEVER: Buy something because it's a good deal.

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,626 Posts

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,626 Posts
ALWAYS buy a watch that speaks to me and makes me smile when I wear it.

How many years? How many watches? How much money? Until we get to this level of WIS-Wisdom.. 0\|>:-!

This is what is all about, no matter the price, no matter the brand, no matter what the WIS/WUS consent speaks. It is all about the connection between your wrist and that special ticker!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Always: set time to an atomic clock (this includes correct day/date), align timing bezels to 12 unless in use, match the watch to the occasion/attire (no divers with a suit, brown strap with brown shoes/belt, black strap with black shoes/belt), buy what I like

Never: wear leather on a diver or wear a nato on a dress watch, buy a watch with an integrated bracelet, buy a watch with ANY yellow gold, buy fakes or replicas, wear a watch too big or too small for my wrist (this is anything outside of 38-44mm for me), wear folded bracelets, buy a watch to impress someone, leave home without wearing a watch (even if I'm not leaving home I still have one on)

I'm sure there are more but that's all I have for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
71,391 Posts
I'm a fully paid up wathaholic but NEVER buy a watch unless there is enough money in my watch fund to cover it. O.K. so I sorta broke my own rule with the Squale Batman but I knew that the watch fund would be topped up by more than the missing amount within a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Always buy the watch on the metal bracelet if available, never buy something with an integrated bracelet, never buy something under 36mm or over 45mm, and never buy digital. But above all else, buy the watch, not the deal

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I prefer an Oyster bracelet on my watches, but have had others (SKX Super Jubilee)....I own too many NATO straps but rarely use them. When I wore them, it was usually on my Steinhart OVM and it was usually desert tan. That's a great looking combo. Had a Turtle that favored NATO straps as well. It only looked good with a Super Jubilee when on bracelet.

Couldn't care less if the second hand is dead to rights with the atomic clock. If the minute is right, I'm ok. I don't put that kind of pressure on myself lol!!!

Instagram - Dec1968watches

1 - 20 of 59 Posts