WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know why but recently Ive been spotting more G-Shocks in film/tv. What are your recent sightings, I just finished watching Tears of Sun and Bruce Willis had on a G I think it may been a DW-9052. I also saw Jaws 3 and someone had a old school calculator watch on an finally Cops where almost all the cops wear G's.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I dont know why but recently Ive been spotting more G-Shocks in film/tv. What are your recent sightings, I just finished watching Tears of Sun and Bruce Willis had on a G I think it may been a DW-9052. I also saw Jaws 3 and someone had a old school calculator watch on an finally Cops where almost all the cops wear G's.
I remember Tears of the Sun, Lotsof. There were some posts here regarding Bruce Willis' G-Shock. I think it was a DW8500B-1. Not sure, though. :think:

Edit: I just saw Brian D. posted the link. :-!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I dont know why but recently Ive been spotting more G-Shocks in film/tv...
...and in real life; in the past few days I've seen a DW-6600-1V, a G-8000, and I'm pretty sure I saw a G-2000 over the weekend. You often see a few cockpit models and standard Mudmen here, but I'm seeing more and more models which you don't see in the shops in the UK.

But back to the point. Watched the remake of the Italian Job last night missed the screen-filling DW-6600, but I'm sure the security guard in the van with the gold had a G on. There's a daytime soap-opera in the UK called Doctors, and one of the female characters seems to be wearing a tan Mudman in a trailer they often show; I've watched the program once or twice, but not seen it again. There's also a program about time travel/dinosaurs called Primaeval in which I think one of the characters wore a G-Shock; he used it to distract a dinosaur in one episode, by setting off the alarm and throwing it away. He seemed to have retreived it later in the show though (must have been a G-Shock then if it survived being thrown at a dinosaur!).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Tom Cruise wore 3 different Gs in the Mission Impossible series. :-!

G-9000 Mudman was spotted in 1 episode of Heroes.

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
New series in the UK, Bonekickers, first episode tonight. One of the main characters (played by Adrian Lester from Hustle) was wearing a G-Shock-first noticed it when the alarm went off early on, only saw it later in the show-I think it was a G-7100.

Having sat through the whole episode, I'll be very suprised if there is a second series!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
New series in the UK, Bonekickers, first episode tonight. One of the main characters (played by Adrian Lester from Hustle) was wearing a G-Shock-first noticed it when the alarm went off early on, only saw it later in the show-I think it was a G-7100.

Having sat through the whole episode, I'll be very suprised if there is a second series!

Hmmm, know what you mean about this show, didn't watch it myself, the endless trailers for it were so-so but it would be interesting to know what G-Shock that cool dude Adrian Lester was wearing. Still at least there will be a new series of Hustle.

On a separate observation, towards the end of the film "Enemy Of The State", Gene Hackman hands Will Smith a Casio that I've never seen before and cannot locate on the web (I don't have the DVD so can't look at it in more detail). Anyway it's not a G-Shock but one of the old skool style like F-91W only it had a lot of orange on the dial, was an illuminator type and WR to 100M or 200M - unusual. Anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Don't forget, folks, there's a Sticky thread for this in the Images section - it helps keep similar queries all together :)

·
Registered
1,987 Posts

I agree David, that was possibly the worst programme I've ever seen on TV and believe me I've seen a few bad ones in my time. o| :-d:-d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts