WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
841 - 860 of 880 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
What is the cloth strap on the middle? I'm looking for one like it.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Hope this help.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,488 Posts
You dont like divers?

i wont consider the green horse like a DJ. Maybe closer to an OP.

but both appear to be well designed and well made watches. Not as attention-grabbing as a diastar though.
To a degree, I feel like a diver is a diver is a diver — I like the purpose, I happen to have an iconic model (SKX009), but by their nature of being built-to-spec, they have a similar look and feel.

Green Horse — yeah, maybe an OP, but also like an AT, or Hamilton Khaki, or any other of dozens of three-handers with a similar case and proportions. The GH has an interesting fumé dial, but that’s about it.

And yeah, the Diastar is a standout for sure. The bezel’s huge flatness is all for showing off how scratch proof it is — it’s “Rado being Rado” and not following what anyone else was doing. I can’t put it into words well enough (maybe I need my coffee) but just look at how different it is from another example of the same era. Imagine this thing dropping onto the scene at your corner jewelry shop.

Watch Photograph Analog watch White Light

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
"I'd love to see more pics of that Panerai strap!"
If you have a request, then at least Like the post with the Panerai strap that you would like to see more pics of!! 🙄😇😂
I didn't know "Likes" are so important lol.

Reactions: JustAbe

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
  • Love

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I'd like to lend my support to ChuckSchilling who previously commented on the crassness of this thread, beginning with the way it's framed. Clod-handed attempts to gentrify itself - viz. "acquisition cost" (trans. "how much I paid") - can't save it. What a mess.

To channel Oscar Wilde: "A true gentleman has no idea how much his watches cost." That of course is an ideal state that we of the petit bourgeoisie can only dream of. The price we pay to buy a watch matters to most because we live within finite means. Obviously. For some the means are more or less finite for others. Also, obviously. Looking forward to a thread inviting WIS to post portfolio summaries, pay stubs and welfare receipts.

Previous and recurrent threads that have looked at this matter in more abstract terms can be interesting reads (for instance, when the lead question is framed as 'What percentage of your income/net worth is used to buy watches?'). Even then, it skirts close to what ought to remain private. The current thread, instead, has so far showcased a guileless lack of the very thing lingo like "acquisition cost" tries to portray: deportment.

·
Premium Member
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #860 ·
I'd like to lend my support to ChuckSchilling who previously commented on the crassness of this thread, beginning with the way it's framed. Clod-handed attempts to gentrify itself - viz. "acquisition cost" (trans. "how much I paid") - can't save it. What a mess.

To channel Oscar Wilde: "A true gentleman has no idea how much his watches cost." That of course is an ideal state that we of the petit bourgeoisie can only dream of. The price we pay to buy a watch matters to most because we live within finite means. Obviously. For some the means are more or less finite for others. Also, obviously. Looking forward to a thread inviting WIS to post portfolio summaries, pay stubs and welfare receipts.

Previous and recurrent threads that have looked at this matter in more abstract terms can be interesting reads (for instance, when the lead question is framed as 'What percentage of your income/net worth is used to buy watches?'). Even then, it skirts close to what ought to remain private. The current thread, instead, has so far showcased a guileless lack of the very thing lingo like "acquisition cost" tries to portray: deportment.
I beg to disagree. Nowhere did the thread ask for people to publish the acquisition cost. So heretofore no values ought to have been posted. Some have and no judgment is made. To date, no one still knows (apart from me), the actual cost of the trio I posted. This is a free forum and we are free to do as we please under the rules.
As mentioned, acquisition cost is only one metric that can be used as a guide to answer the theme of this thread. It can be based on msrp. Or market value. Up to the poster what to use.
And if you cared to view this thread in its proper context (after the “Your three least expensive watches” thread and subsequent to that the various “threesome” threads that followed), you will glean the light in which this thread was started and was appreciated by most.

That being said, I know you have a fabulous collection of watches not commonly seen in this forum. And i hope you would find it worth your while to share your three for this thread as well as for the other threesome threads.

841 - 860 of 880 Posts