WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone of us has ONE watch we lust over above every other watch.

It makes us feel warm and fuzzy inside... yet we know deep inside, we can never purchase/source it, we can only own it in our dreams.

Like a soul-mate you met at the train station going to the opposite direction, or your first love at high school leaving the country.

This is how I feel when I look at the Credor Eichi:
http://www.watchesbysjx.com/2011/12/one-of-finest-finished-watches-in-world.html

Seiko+Credor+Eichi+last+piece+delivered+%u002525281%2529.jpg

Seiko+Credor+Eichi+last+piece+delivered+%u002525282%2529.jpg

Seiko+Credor+Eichi+last+piece+delivered+%u002525289%2529.jpg

Seiko+Credor+Eichi+last+piece+delivered+%u0025252810%2529.jpg

Seiko+Credor+Eichi+last+piece+delivered+%u0025252813%2529.jpg

For years, I have been searching for that "perfect watch". The watch that could represent all of my life's achievements, failures, and success.
This watch WAS supposed to be the culmination of my love for watches, and my love for beauty.

But alas, it seems it was never meant for me:
Watches by SJX: The last Seiko Credor Eichi is sold

Nevertheless, life goes on, and I hope the Montblanc Villerets and ALSs can fill that void in my heart.

(pics blatantly stolen from SJX)

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
I would put my three unattainable grails at:

Breitling Navitimer
Rolex Sub C
Panerai PAM 305

Not very imaginative I know, but those are the ones I covet and will never have.

·
Registered
429 Posts
A-Lange-Sohne-1815-Rattrapante-Perpetual-Calendar-gear-patrol-full (1).jpg

The ALS 1815 Rattrapante Perpetual.

I like to think that I may be able to one day spend into the mid 5 figures for a watch, say upon my retirement, if I save properly. However, at 220,000+ USD this bad boy is firmly out of my reach forever. Even if I won the lottery for 25MM USD, That is a full percent of the pre-tax winnings on ONE watch. My wife wouldn't have it, and I don't blame her.

Now if I won the lottery twice...

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
^^^ I agree with that A.L. & S. as my choice as well - just epic !!!

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Pam 203 angelus fiddy,I like the simplicity,Ti material and historical angelus 8 days movt
I have seen several for sale (and one worn by my customer) but I don't think I can drop $100k on a watch,even I'm still thinking to drop around $15k on a watch...

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
My wife wouldn't have it, and I don't blame her.
I'm the same way, I make decent money, I could buy any of my grail watches I listed above right now if I really wanted to, but the wife would likely divorce me and I quite like her.

My grail watches are pretty low according to most folks but like you even if I were to win the lottery I have my own internal limit as to what I would ever pay for a watch.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Girard-Perregaux Constant Escapement. Art that goes on someone's wrist. Only way I'm ever getting my hands on one is if I win the lottery, and since I don't play the lottery, I think I'm out of luck.

·
Registered
591 Posts
As of right now, I would have to go with the Patek 3970 in white gold. The small size and the vintage feel appeal to me in a way that somehow makes me want this over the 5970. I'm pretty new to watches but I think the 3970 will always be somewhere up in at least the top 3, if it ever leaves #1.

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
pics courtesy www . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm the same way, I make decent money, I could buy any of my grail watches I listed above right now if I really wanted to, but the wife would likely divorce me and I quite like her.

My grail watches are pretty low according to most folks but like you even if I were to win the lottery I have my own internal limit as to what I would ever pay for a watch.
I'm with you on the level of my grails. A grail for me more represents a milestone in my collection. My sub was a grail, as was my el primero. My next grail is a GO PML. I didn't post it because I will attain it one day. That ALS is more than a grail, it is a Mirage.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
This

·
Banned
4,491 Posts
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
Well, there's my problem....I've been wishing upon a star all this time. Really should stop listening to singing crickets.

My genuinely unattainable grail....Patek Philippe Ref. 6002 Sky Moon Tourbillon....

PatekPhilippeSkyMoonTourbillon6002G-8-723x1024.jpg

I've had my application in for months. Apparently some of my references are taking their time getting back to the folks at PP. I probably shouldn't be in a rush. I don't think I'll have the required $1.3MM in my watch jar before the end of next year anywho.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts