WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there are threads around about watches with drinks, watches with food, watches with pets and more but how about one with your watch and the best "whatever" you've ever had/seen/met/etc. It can be food, drinks, cars, a movie or pretty much anything of your choosing.

I'll start with a simple one. When I was in California for the holidays I took a side trip to my favorite ramen restaurant called Shin-sen-gumi. I intended to just get the ramen but I couldn't resist the ramen/takoyaki combo. To illustrate how good it is I'm a pescetarian now (started as a vegetarian 20 years ago and went back to eating seafood about 8 years ago) and I still eat there despite knowing they make the broth using pork bones.

Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Comfort food

·
Registered
105 Posts
Best roadtrip ever:

I have always wanted a vintage car but do not have much money for things like a vehicle I can only drive in the summer (just starting out after getting my degree). After a bunch of research I decided an MGB was doable due to the cheap cost of parts and the cars themselves could be had for deals in the right places. I found a listing for a blue early 1974 example on kijiji ~ 650 KM away from home and started asking the owner questions. He said the cars brakes were the only issue and you had to pump them once or twice to get the cylinder to bite and get stopping power - I thought this was fine and asked my pops if he wanted to go on a road trip to break in his new truck. Father son trip was a go.

Once we got to the car and started it up, it became very clear the brake cylinder was much worse than the guy had explained. I had a choice, go back 650 KM with nothing or chance it and have a good story - or die, unable to brake and careening off a cliff. So I bought the thing.

This invicta mod watch ticked away as I battled +35 C sun to a 'movie rain' style downpour with a ratty old soft top. Braking was done carefully through downshifting, friction, and sheer luck. We both survived, probably thanks to some pit stops in the air conditioning and cooled seats in Dad's new truck and I have a little project roadster for next summer. Win win win!

Vehicle Gauge Measuring instrument Car Tachometer

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Mg mgb

Since the drive I've fixed the brakes. How she looks today ... Tucked in until the snow / salt is all gone! I Wish I had a garage to keep but my folks are nice enough to lend some room by their house.

Snow Rock Tree Winter Boulder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts