WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. im relatively new to the site and new to collecting watches. I have this timex ironman. Was a gift from my gf for my birthday. This is my work watch. I am an advanced paramedic and wear this watch for every shift. Its my least expensive watch but love it caus its what I wear most. Fun fact about it is that it has personally called 3 time of deaths (so far). Anyone else have a special bond with a watch? Cheap or expensive

·
Registered
889 Posts
Welcome! The watches in my collection are generally purchased in conjunction with a significant achievement. None them see the kind of things you do, I'm sure. The first watch I was ever gifted is a Timex Iron man and wore it for all outdoor activities up through high school.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The watch I have a special bond with is one i purchased last year, my Timex "21 series" and here is why:
1. The first watch I ever owned was a Timex
2. This watch was made in 1968 (the year I was born)
3. It is a manual wind (I like winding it every morning)
And yes it is running

Reactions: NoShockAdvised

·
Premium Member
13,159 Posts
My first watch was a Timex too, not sure where it is now. I believe it is somewhere in my parents' house. I have an Ironman now that stays in my gym bag for exercise, tennis, basketball and soccer days.

This little Eco-Drive was the first decent watch I ever purchased for myself. I bought it with some of the relocation money I received from my current employer about 7 years ago. I still wear it regularly, and it works great.

20141023_190343.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts