WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call them what you like: Principles, ethics, morals, beliefs, etc. Even "superstition."
But you have them, and hold them fast.

Ain't nobody, and I mean NOBODY, gonna change your mind about them.

Examples:
1. "99% of 'homages' are fakes, and therefore, abominations. Anyone who buys them are morally reprehensible."
2. "I refuse to buy XYZ brands because they are all fluff, little substance."
3. "I won't wear QUARTZ watches bcz they pollute with their batteries."
4. "All watches under $3K are garbage, no matter the brand."
5. "If you wear a pilot watch, you should at least know how many wings an ornithopter has."
6. "B&R watches are for professional dooshes and wanna-be-dooshes."
7. "PAM are for those who have B&R dooshes as cousins. Yo."
8. "Flippers should all die, toot sweet, right along those support #1 !!"

I could come up with a hundred more examples (based on what I've seen here on WUS), but I myself have none.
No principles, no ethics. I guess I'm of the "kill 'em all, take no prisoners" school of life.

·
Registered
9,139 Posts
I believe a collection made of divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers and divers is not interesting.

I believe the Rolex, AP, PP, Kurono, Ming, etc hype is a wonderful thing. I love how it undervalues the watches I like.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Rolex makes a fine watch at MSRP, a well oiled giant

Watch deals abound even in this bubbilicious market, you just need to expand your horizons

Watches today are man jewelry, 95% of you should stop pretending otherwise

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh wait, I do have one. Had to think hard about it.

I think it's super foolish to buy/wear watches that are so expensive, and desired by many for their brand value, that one must get insurance for them, and fear the possibility of losing them (or one's life) to a goon who threatens violence to take them.

Of course, if one has body guards anyway, as a matter of routine, that's another matter.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts

I think it's super foolish to buy/wear watches that are so expensive, and desired by many for their brand value, that one must get insurance for them, and fear the possibility of losing them (or one's life) to a goon who threatens violence to take them.

Of course, if one has body guards anyway, as a matter of routine, that's another matter.
Some of us carry our bodyguard on our hips.

·
Registered
738 Posts

Agreed - I have watches that are expensive enough (for me) that others ask if I have insured them. I certainly will miss them if I lost them or if they were stolen, but I'm very much NOT interested in insuring them against either circumstance.

If I have any WIS beliefs that no one can change it would be that there is no reason I can't continue to enjoy mechanical/automatic watches. Far too many people in my personal life, and online have tried to convince me that they are a waste of money and that I should just go quartz. Let me enjoy this one small frivolity and I won't comment on yours :D

·
Registered
15,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Far too many people in my personal life, and online have tried to convince me that they are a waste of money and that I should just go quartz. Let me enjoy this one small frivolity and I won't comment on yours :D
People like that need som 'o deez nukey nutz, yo!
World Aircraft Satellite Vehicle Aerospace manufacturer

1 - 20 of 256 Posts