WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Thanks Doug, it's great to see it in (near) real life. Thanks again! :-!

·
Registered
671 Posts
hey whats the diferent between a GXW-56-1AJF and your GX-56-1ADR
The GXW is a multi band 6 watch whereas GX is not. Both are tough solar, but GX lack the atomic capability. GXW receives signals from time towers in USA, UK, Germany, Japan and China.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Really nice video review!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Great video, thanx. Mine it´s coming from Hong Kong and it´s taking so long! yesterday I went to a shop and put one in my wrist, it´s gorgeous. :)

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Very nice review, Doug!

I'm finding atomic synchronization less of a requirement now that I've been able to time adjust my G-Shocks. If my watch is gaining within 5 seconds per month, it's very workable for me. Frankly, the cost savings on the GX versus GXW is still significant.

Well, I'd seen plenty of photos of The King and occasionally in a display case when walking by the watch counter at a department store. My impression was that it's just too big for what it really needs to be. But over time, I began to feel differently. I struck up a conversation with a construction worker who was wearing one. He remarked how he has worn it while operating a jack hammer--didn't phase the watch one bit.

So, over the weekend I was at Macy's and walked by the G-Shock display... and there was a GX-56 sitting in there. I thought, why not--might as well try it on. I got some assistance and in a few moments I had the thing on my wrist. I have to say... yeah, it's a monster watch, but it felt very comfortable. I was surprised at how much I liked it. Also, the reverse LCD is well done, easier to read than on my GW-M5600BC. I didn't buy it, but it put the bug in my head to consider getting one eventually... now that they're back in stock on-line and selling for about $100 on average new in box.

The store was too noisy to really get a sense of the alarm volume. What has been GX-56 owner impressions of it? Is it louder, softer, or the same as a DW-5600E? I certainly wouldn't use it to try waking up in the morning, but it could be useful as an extra alert on tasks. Does the CDT use a different chime sound as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts