WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, strange issue happening on the site where I can’t start a new post. Looks like I can do it through Tapatalk.

I did a review of the Series 5 Space Black Titanium Edition. I compare it to the Stainless steel, show different bands, and focus on the Link Bracelet. This video primarily goes the the physical walkthrough. I’ll be doing more software related this week.

https://youtu.be/IPpTSV7pfQ0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,898 Posts
The only thing about the titanium edition is that its color doesn't match any of Apple's metal bracelets. I got to see it at the Tysons Corner store and put it on a silver Link Bracelet and mesh loop, and both of them looked like they were on the wrong watch. It's hard to see in your vid, but it doesn't match Space Black bracelets, either.

I also thought that it would be lighter, weight-wise, than it actually is. But comparing it to the aluminum models really isn't fair, I guess.

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the viewers: Drink a shot every time you hear "walkthru" ;)
LOL!!! Caught me off guard in that one

The only thing about the titanium edition is that its color doesn't match any of Apple's metal bracelets. I got to see it at the Tysons Corner store and put it on a silver Link Bracelet and mesh loop, and both of them looked like they were on the wrong watch. It's hard to see in your vid, but it doesn't match Space Black bracelets, either.

I also thought that it would be lighter, weight-wise, than it actually is. But comparing it to the aluminum models really isn't fair, I guess.
Doug, nice review. I'd keep the Ti, if you already had a SS one. Looking forward to more reviews.
If the Space Black Titanium were just a shade darker, I’d keep it. Barrack is right, It is just light enough to throw it off from the Link bracelet. I really wanted to like it more just to change things up. Honestly, it really should had been called Space gray.

This weekend, I purchased a Space Black Stainless Steel, and I’m selling the Titanium to someone minus the gray strap. The only thing I’ll miss is the Edition color in the California face. I’ve had Space Black Stainless Steel since Series 0 and have always loved the look. Almost like black reflected mercury.

I’ll be doing some more videos this week. I’ll keep you posted.

·
Registered
17,898 Posts
This weekend, I purchased a Space Black Stainless Steel, and I’m selling the Titanium to someone minus the gray strap.
The buyer doesn't want the strap with the matching pin? I still have my black Sport strap with the original first-gen silver steel pin -- a combo which wasn't available for very long! -- and I'll be darned if I'm gonna give it up. I figure your buyer would want the correct, original strap with the watch.

·
7,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I posted and sold it with the stipulation I wanted that gray strap, but included the anchor gray sport loop. So I sold it at cost minus $40. He didn’t want to wait until mid November, and I preferred getting it to someone who wanted it rather than returning it. Win win

1 - 8 of 8 Posts