WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I do not like this guy at all, can’t stand his voice, personality, face and he’s also a big whiny baby
Amen. Doesn't know anything about watches to boot.

·
Registered
9,189 Posts
Remember when reporters recently told us what we all knew and that Facebook, err, sorry, dead Meta weighed outrage and anger and complaining and whining more than positive emotions because it drives more addiction engagement and pathology screen time? I've got a secret. Facebook isn't the only company that knows that. And it's not just companies that know it too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
His super bias anti-TAG Heuer video turned me off him completely. Interestingly, TGV had a TAG video around the same month where he went to the TAG Heuer factory. He discussed positives and negatives and gave a good all round review of the brand. Vs, Time Teller just ranting at a camera for 10mins. I actually think he’s a bit of a hack, and breeds videos of popular opinion. As is the usual YT business model.
I completely agree. He, like several other youtubers, seems to just repeat already worn out stereotypes about the watch brands that people "love to hate" without going into detail as to why he has that opinion. I suppose he can't do that every time, or else that would get repetitive, but I would rather see fewer, more original videos, than a whole bunch of videos saying the same thing without adding anything new! Similar to TAG Heuer, compare his various Hublot rant videos to the one that Adrian from Bark and Jack did about Hublot - a big difference!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
His ego is bigger than The Beatles. Hard pass.... and with his family history in regards to all matters of how the brain works I saw through his subterfuge within the first couple vijayos..

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
He’s very fragile (insulted me just for reasonable criticism), does paid sponsorships for some crap watches (despite acting like a watch snob) and doesn’t always disclose it, and isn’t even very knowledgeable on technical details.

All in all, pretty bottom of the barrel. Oh, and he paid for subscribers.

He definitely strikes me as an only child trust-fund kid with rich parents that either didn’t get enough attention or was bullied

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
I never liked the guy and when he ragged on TAG, that put me over the edge. Unsubscribed, like a lot of others.

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
I corrected him once when he misidentified a BOR bracelet. He replied that I was wrong. This, combined with his frequent whining about LEs and repeated mistakes… yeah, I don’t watch him much anymore.
Jory did the same to me when I clarified some Angelus/Panerai/Rolex history. He had said Rolex made all the early Panerai movements. He didn't take the correction well and doubled down with even more incorrect "facts".

I get rants equal likes and subs but he takes it too far most of the time.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I sat through the whole review that was posted and fail to see a problem with it. He's entitled to his opinions and his opinions are reasonable with some evidence behind them. You don't have to agree with him. Also, he's not bragging about his Rolex Explorer II - he said that he was spoiled by his Explorer II for having a quick set hour (which is his preference) as opposed to the quick set GMT on this watch.
And are you intimating that if you get a free watch, it's somehow wrong to complain about it? Because that's what it sounds like to me by the way you worded the title.
Finally, I doubt he was given the watch, it looks like one of those loaners that does the rounds of Youtube reviewers.
Even if he got to keep it it’s still worth almost $1800 I don’t have or know anyone who got free $1800 watches.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
He said Zodiac sponsored the episode, he didn't say they gave him the watch to keep. I watch most of his stuff, more for entertainment than because he's the most knowledgeable guy on YT. If you want to learn something, watch Watchfinder's channel.

He could've completely glossed over the issues which the watch most definitely does have in order to stay in Zodiac's good graces, I'm glad he didn't. Anybody that does pay to play good reviews is a hack and has no business being a reviewer.

I took the Rolex comment about contrasting its flyer GMT capability to Zodiac's caller GMT function. He has a decent watch collection, as do many reviewers on YT. I don't see talking about that as a big deal.
But are most sponsored videos giving free stuff?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
He is a funny guy, kind of over the nuts sometimes, but i don't take a word of what he says, need to filter a lot.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I remember Federico from Federico Talks Watches said it best I’m not sponsored so I’m allowed to bash any watch he also made another good point by saying those who review watches on YouTube are afraid to say anything negative about the brand which is Bull **** and I tend to agree. If your willing to send out something for review let the reviewer give their honest opinion both good and bad maybe that, will let the company fix the problem/s. My problem with The Time Teller wasn’t his bashing of the watch but more of him complaining about getting it for free and still complaining give it to a YouTuber who’s gonna actually appreciate it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I remember Federico from Federico Talks Watches said it best I’m not sponsored so I’m allowed to bash any watch he also made another good point by saying those who review watches on YouTube are afraid to say anything negative about the brand which is Bull **** and I tend to agree. If your willing to send out something for review let the reviewer give their honest opinion both good and bad maybe that, will let the company fix the problem/s. My problem with The Time Teller wasn’t his bashing of the watch but more of him complaining about getting it for free and still complaining give it to a YouTuber who’s gonna actually appreciate it.
I take Frederico with a grain of salt as well since his business is selling watches with Delray watches and his YouTube is essentially the means to that end...ijs

·
Premium Member
10,590 Posts
Nothing stopping you or anyone else setting up their own YouTube channel if they don’t like the ones out there, or think you can do better….
Why? To feed our egos. We’re, mostly, just WIS. OH, and your strawman doesn’t work. Bashing one channel isn’t condemning them all. Just because I don’t think this one knows the difference between an Engineer bracelet and an H bracelet doesn’t mean I think Jody at JOMW is lame. :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 112 Posts