WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
I remember Federico from Federico Talks Watches said it best I’m not sponsored so I’m allowed to bash any watch he also made another good point by saying those who review watches on YouTube are afraid to say anything negative about the brand which is Bull **** and I tend to agree. If your willing to send out something for review let the reviewer give their honest opinion both good and bad maybe that, will let the company fix the problem/s. My problem with The Time Teller wasn’t his bashing of the watch but more of him complaining about getting it for free and still complaining give it to a YouTuber who’s gonna actually appreciate it.
LOL re Federico not being sponsored. Check out his reveiws of micros where he's clearly shilling. He makes some good points at times, especially when he talks about haggling and securing discounts, but he's another one I usually can't bear to watch. His period of slumming with an SKX was so damn cringey I pretty much checked out.

·
Premium Member
6,664 Posts
Nothing stopping you or anyone else setting up their own YouTube channel if they don’t like the ones out there, or think you can do better….
This is easily one of the most juvenile approaches to countering any criticism or argument.

"I didn't like that movie." "Well, let's see you make a better one."
"The Ferrari Roma does nothing for me." "Let's see you make a better car."

Grow up, guy.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
LOL re Federico not being sponsored. Check out his reveiws of micros where he's clearly shilling. He makes some good points at times, especially when he talks about haggling and securing discounts, but he's another one I usually can't bear to watch. His period of slumming with an SKX was so damn cringey I pretty much checked out.
He used to be for sure, but I've been watching him quite a lot lately, and I think those days are over.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
That Thyme Tell-er smells like try hard lovable dick but is actually just an arrogant p.rick. Or at least thats sure how it seems. Hard pass, and Land Cruiser > Jeep.

Federico at least does it in a more sophisticated way; reference a phone call— “well I don’t give consultation advice but what I can tell you is other than being phuck ugly—my personal opinion—they are a great watch for what you are asking for out of a watch. If I only stocked what I like I would only have one customer.” I sent him a ton of money that day and will again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Time Teller is definitely not my cup of tea. I only watched a few videos and usually couldn't watch one all the way through. I don't appreciate being shouted at, and speaking louder does not make one's point any more true. His whole attitude grated on me. Hard pass.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That Thyme Tell-er smells like try hard lovable dick but is actually just an arrogant p.rick. Or at least thats sure how it seems. Hard pass, and Land Cruiser > Jeep.

Federico at least does it in a more sophisticated way; reference a phone call— “well I don’t give consultation advice but what I can tell you is other than being phuck ugly—my personal opinion—they are a great watch for what you are asking for out of a watch. If I only stocked what I like I would only have one customer.” I sent him a ton of money that day and will again.
Time teller has some issues certainly, but to me, Frederico irritates me just as much. It was a relatively recent video when he claimed to know more than any other watch reviewer on YouTube. I’m not sure the universe of reviewers he was comparing himself to, but pointing to the fact that you used to work at Wempe or something doesn’t automatically make you the best/smartest watch reviewer out there. He certainly has a lot of expertise to share, but those blanket, pompous statements really turn me off. Haven’t watched a video of his since.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Time teller has some issues certainly, but to me, Frederico irritates me just as much. It was a relatively recent video when he claimed to know more than any other watch reviewer on YouTube. I’m not sure the universe of reviewers he was comparing himself to, but pointing to the fact that you used to work at Wempe or something doesn’t automatically make you the best/smartest watch reviewer out there. He certainly has a lot of expertise to share, but those blanket, pompous statements really turn me off. Haven’t watched a video of his since.
Agreed. Both these guys rub me up the wrong way. I put them both on the ignore list so they don't show up in my feed any more.
Jody from JOMW, Jenni Elle and TGV are pretty much the only watch channels i enjoy. All great personalities.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I can't stand the majority of watch channels. The voices are often grating, a lot of yelling and a lot of 'blah'. I enjoy three channels and that's it: Jenni Elle (her enthousiasm is infectious); YoureTerrific (reviews a lot but tells a story as well; the videos shot are often of a high quality too!) and finally watchfinder.

the Time Teller is just a lot of screaming and complaining. No fun.

Reactions: abduksion

·
Registered
617 Posts
I made comment on a watch he reviewed also. I dnt think he researched the watch or company. He didnt like my comment. Unsubscribed and that was the last time i saw his vids like 6-7 months ago. Never was a fan of him, his car or the channel. My 2 cents....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wanna say I agree with him maybe 85% of the time when he’s not bashing Invicta which seems to be once in a blue moon, he will find something else to complain about. I know others on YouTube do this too but this guy takes the gold. Name anyone reviewing watches on YouTube and most will find something wrong although the watches their getting aren’t costing more than a few hundred dollars. But to get a free $1,795 Zodiac after bragging about having a Rolex Explore II, How can anyone take them seriously?

This guy is insufferable with his teenage girl-like rants. The worst parts about his channel is his comment deleting and perpetuating false information.

Disgusting

·
Registered
37,639 Posts
YouTubers are just other watch guys with their own opinions, do I always expect to agree with them? Of course not.

I like The Time teller, he is fun to watch, Tim Mosso could take a few personality tips from him, but do I always agree with him….no.

Will I stop watching him because of this……no.

Reactions: RedVee

·
Registered
183 Posts
His ego is bigger than The Beatles. Hard pass.... and with his family history in regards to all matters of how the brain works I saw through his subterfuge within the first couple vijayos..
Time Teller is an unwatchable dork. As with most youtubers, all they do is recite a list of watch features.

I’m curious as to the family history you mentioned.

·
Registered
Helvetia
423 Posts
Well, to put this in my perspective, I was going through my closet and found two quartz watches from 1990s made for fashion brand out of Boston MA, called Joseph Abboud. I looked at the cases of the watches the finely brushed sides with fancy lugs (a la Breguet) with applied and polished Art Deco numerals, guilloche dial, framed date window, coin edge bezel....Well I thought this $74 quartz watch is better made than 90% of new releases from major brands. That Zodiac watch is a joke in terms of craftsmanship of the case and the dial. To be honest most of the watches I see are a rip off , save for some superb cases and dials from PP, VC, Chopard or Breguet , where you can actually hold the watch in your hand and appreciate that this is not something off the shelf generic crap with generic movement and sloppily printed dial.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts