WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

For some reason i'm unable to add this to the tools etc section so figured here would be the next best relevant place.
i've received and done an indepth review of the ZBV springbar removal/fitting tool for drilled lugs and communicated with the maker about the possibility of a couple of minor modifications to enhance it's usability.

Review here for anyone interested.

Thanks,

·
Registered
31,287 Posts
Nice review. A useful tool, especially if you own a lot of cases with drilled lugs.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was more impressed with it than I honestly expected.
I really do think that if forks can be fitted additionally it's a definite must have for the tool drawer for anyone who works on watches like myself or any serious collector.
Neil, the maker of these is very receptive to feedback and discussion and is looking into the possibility, fingers crossed.
Meanwhile this is excellent for drilled lugs. Especially on watches with tight fitting bracelets like the one in the video.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Thanks Mike for taking the time to do your review. I probably should have done my review with a metal buckle instead of the leather strap.
Also the improvement idea to round the interior corners more (radius) is very good and I will add this feature at no extra cost. I can do it by hand currently but have also ordered some special rounding corner end mills for this purpose. See below for how tips look:

rounded-tips.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,335 Posts
Nice overview and demonstration of the ZBV Springbar tool, especially about 9 and 11 minutes into the video. Hopefully, Neil will be able to implement your suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts