WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per request, a few pics.

We had some ideas which Dimer turned into a Photoshop mock-up. The pic turned out pretty well, so we started working;
We took a Basic White, took it fully apart and started drawing on the module and face plate. We replaced the regular module for a negative one from a DW- 6900NB-1ER (which turned out great with the regular module..) and put the whole thing apart.
Sadly the paint isn't sticking that well to the watch so next time we'll have to use something else.. But it was a fun project and it makes for a great display item in our bookshelf.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I like it. Great to see that you are really into G's now Dale and I applaud the fact that Ace jewelers is now one of the big dealers in G-Shock. The brand deserves a place next to all the other high end swiss watches. Everyone that collects watches should have at least one G-Shock imo.
If all goes right I will be paying Ace Jewelers a visit this fall together with Sjors.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
If all goes right I will be paying Ace Jewelers a visit this fall together with Sjors.
If I have transport, that will. Car broke down again... Still looking forward in visiting Ace and this fancy book shelf ;-)

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Dale, your only alternative is dyeing the stripes, however you will not be able to make it look shiny.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
This is a wonderful thing. I've always loved zebra prints in the right context and this one is done extremely well. I particularly like the fact that the pattern continues on to the bezel. If this can be applied with high durability, it will be a definite success!
Keep up the good work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts