WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to catch up with a couple of recorded TV programmes over the last few days and watched the first two episodes of the Zen detective drama on the BBC with Rufus Sewell and Caterina Murino. His character is definitely wearing an Hour Vision and she is wearing a new style Aquaterra I think. However the camera, or my eyes, do not linger very long on her wrist......

Nigel

·
Moderator Omega Forum
2,731 Posts
I managed to catch up with a couple of recorded TV programmes over the last few days and watched the first two episodes of the Zen detective drama on the BBC with Rufus Sewell and Caterina Murino. His character is definitely wearing an Hour Vision and she is wearing a new style Aquaterra I think. However the camera, or my eyes, do not linger very long on her wrist......

Nigel
Nigel,

I've got them on Sky+ waiting for a chance to watch, I must admit, it wasn't the presence of Rufus Sewell in the trailer that caused me to hit the record button....

Sean

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well now you have the excuse (good/bad?) that you want to look at their watches...cough, cough

Nigel

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
I enjoyed the books, but I don't remember any mention of watches.

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I enjoyed the two I have seen so far. Not sure Rufus Sewell is convinced how to play it, but the overall feel is good. I was a little ahead of the plot a couple of times cannot be too taxing. Scenery is fantastic.

Nigel

·
Moderator Omega Forum
2,731 Posts
Nigel, you neglected to mention he was wearing my Persol sunglasses, well, James Bond's Persol Sunglasses technically, but you know
what I mean.
Very nice watch, goes well with sharp Italian suit.

I enjoyed the first episode, very slick, and as you say, a visual treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes Sean I did forget the Persols sorry - trying to keep it Omega related honestly he lied and not distracted thinking about Ms Murino

Nigel

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
I was married to an Italian and back and forth to Italy at the time they first came out.
I'm married to an Italian now and typing this from Tuscany. I now look to Jonathan Creek for a touch of the exotic.:)

I just downloaded the first episode from iTunes after reading this thread.

Gary

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I'm married to an Italian now and typing this from Tuscany. I now look to Jonathan Creek for a touch of the exotic.:)

I just downloaded the first episode from iTunes after reading this thread.

Gary
how lucky are you living in such a great place. spent my honeymoon a few years back in lake garda and loved it. cant you watch it on the net with bbc iplayer

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
No, iPlayer won't work with a foreign IP. The occasional TV programme I can live without but the fact that it won't give me Test Match Special is harder to forgive.

Lake Garda is beautiful. I spent a few days up there years ago and had a lot of fun catching snakes for my nephews. Italy is beautiful but I miss a lot of things about the UK (a good curry being first on the list!).

·
Registered
9,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Started Ratking. I know as a Bond fan I shouldn't compare the literature to the TV/movie versions, but he appears significantly older in the book. I am enjoying it though and like the atmospheric descriptions that somewhat matches the ambience of the TV show. I am sure that should be the other way around (the TV has captured some of the essence of the books, but I am coming at it backwards).

Nigel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts