WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have these 2 lovely Zenith watches...can some of you experts brief the history...i think its a hp146 movement. Both are in exellent condition.
How many was made? wich year?...From what i heard the one with black dial was made in a very limited numbers.
Im a collector here in Sweden ...mostly Heuer and Omega...but these Zenith are some of the nicest in my collection.
So...im eager to hear what you Zenith experts have to say about these.
Best regards//Arne Json

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,154 Posts
I am sorry, but I can only get one of the pictures. After that, the next one takes so long to load, I had to break off the process. How big is it (in KB)?

Hartmut Richter

·
19,154 Posts
Right , so now I can get it (after I posted the first message)!

What do I think of the watches? Both very nice - I particularly like the orange hand one (a bit of colour on the dial!). And both in excellent condition.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Both beautiful examples, congratulations! I think member LouS has one of the latter ...

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Both beautiful examples, congratulations! I think member LouS has one of the latter ...
Arne and I have been corresponding since he posted this on another forum. I am not aware of any information regarding production numbers and dates for this model. I do have it pictured in my 1970-71 catalog. Anyone else have any info bearing on this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for comments...would be great to find out more about these...production numbers , years they where i production etc.
Im new to Zenith...so any information would be great !
Thanks....//Arne J

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Thanks for comments...would be great to find out more about these...production numbers , years they where i production etc.
Im new to Zenith...so any information would be great !
Thanks....//Arne J
Beautiful, love the 'cushion' style case, similar to the Heuer Camaro, which was brought out in 1968.
The production period was probably the same as for the Heuer Camaro, around 1968-1971.
Does it have a serial number on the back of the case ?
Production numbers for this must have been very limited, maybe a thousand pieces ?
b-)

·
19,154 Posts
Beautiful, love the 'cushion' style case, similar to the Heuer Camaro, which was brought out in 1968.
The production period was probably the same as for the Heuer Camaro, around 1968-1971.
Does it have a serial number on the back of the case ?
Production numbers for this must have been very limited, maybe a thousand pieces ?
b-)
Well, both are in Rössler's book (page 231) where it states that the second one is Ref A3736 (the first one is "Ref 3736 but with a black dial") and have a Cal. 146 HP inside. Both have supposedly from 1968, which makes sense since, unlike Heuer and Breitling, Zenith ceased the production of manual chrono watches pretty well as soon as the El Primero was launched (for sale in October/November 1969). The appearance in a 1970/71 catalogue must therefore reflect old stock.

Hartmut Richter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts