WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

For sale is a beautiful watch from my personal collection. It is the Zenith Chronomaster El Primero with the open heart, power reserve indicator, silver / champagne dial and the legendary El Primero chronograph movement. The full reference number is 03.2080.4021/01.c494.

The sunburst dial is fantastic and changes colors depending on light reflection. It can go from a light, almost white looking, color to a grayish look. Depending on what kind of strap you put the watch on, it can go from looking very formal to rather sporty.

The movement is the fantastic El Primero beating at 36,000 vph which makes the chronograph second sweep smoothly and should provide more accurate time keeping. The open heart on the dial lets you see the balance wheel and the escapement. The silicone parts (you can see they are purple in the pictures) make this a watch that needs less servicing. There are many articles out there talking about the importance / superiority of this movement. The watch has a 50 hour power reserve and a power reserve dial to tell you how much power it has left. It is 42mm and fits very comfortably. Keeps perfect time and chronograph starts, stops and resets as it should.

This set includes the outer cardboard box with stickers, inner box, manuals, hang-tag, COSC certificate, movement stickers. It does not have the plastic warranty card as it was purchased from Jomashop (you will receive the original e-invoice (June-2016) from first owner - I am the second owner). I do not have the original strap or the buckle but I am including additional straps (all pictured) - there are 3 genuine alligator straps (blue, orange and brown) and a sporty brown with off-white stitching - all of which are in very good condition.

This particular watch is an actual COSC certified piece - there are other watches with the same model that are not COSC certified. In doing research and talking to Zenith, it appears they sent out several batches of the later Chronomasters to get the certification. These particular watches have a different rotor inscribed with "Certified Chronometer". Also, not all Chronomasters are fitted with the silicon parts, only the latest version before they stopped making this model (with the PR indicator) were produced with these parts.

The watch is in near mint condition with no deep scratches dings or dents (easily 9+/10). There a very very light hairline swirls on the case but barely visible and would come right out with a polishing cloth. The only marks are on the lugs (mostly inside, but slightly visible on the outside as well on the bottom right lug) - I took pictures to capture this. There is a tiny scratch on this lug where it meets the bezel and I have exaggerated it in the picture to show (realistically, its hardly visible). Overall, it is an extremely clean watch that has been worn sparingly in an office. I have since acquired other pieces and this gets no wrist time at all.

I am asking for $3900 OBO plus PP fees, express shipped in CONUS. No trades please.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions or ask for additional / hi-res pictures. I respond to all PMs immediately. I have references on WUS.

Pictures

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Box Watch Material property Fashion accessory Silver Fashion accessory Ring Diamond Engagement ring Jewellery Fashion accessory Engagement ring Ring Diamond Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch accessory Watch Analog watch Fashion accessory Material property Watch Watch accessory Close-up Analog watch Material property Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I now have a firm offer from a reputable dealer so I am dropping the price to that offer and will leave it listed for one week before accepting it. Would prefer to sell to watch ethusiast.

Price is now $3400 firm, shipped.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts