WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased this watch on the titanium bracelet and ordered both the rubber and alligator straps as well as the 2 links that must be changed in order to accommodate straps, and the deployant buckle.

The links are attached to the watch using 2 small screws on both sides of each link. I’ve attached some pics. Excuse my poor photography.

Hope this helps anyone thinking of buying this watch and changing straps. If you’d like to know what I paid and where I bought everything, send me a private message.

6BA2DFD5-DFDE-4E29-B3D1-86B55B424812.jpeg
FED6783F-7AB1-468C-8A32-6437C0612F03.jpeg
0BAF31C0-4A21-4DE2-B89E-AF4BB238E76C.jpeg
F2945AEA-C512-4734-A743-52B515BF8E8D.jpeg
3647243D-74AC-427D-AFE1-412DC79B3693.jpeg
02848BBD-6E5D-4891-A270-1582313A25E8.jpeg

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Nice pictures. It’s cool to see watches in transition like this. They feel so small and different without any strap or bracelet on. Also, it’s interesting the see the end link and case construction behind the strap. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice! Do you happen to know the prices of the alligator leather strap and the bracelet? I want a blue dial defy but I also want both the strap and the bracelet meaning I will have to buy one or the other on top of my watch purchase.

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What is the lug width? Hope it’s like 20mm so strap options will be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lug width is 22.5mm lug to lug but the bracelet (and straps) actually form around the lugs to 25.5mm (see above pics). Strap options are limited to Zenith straps, as far as I know. And I think I bought all of them.

Can anyone else chime in...are there any aftermarket straps available?

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
260 Posts
Which ones do you like the most? I was thinking about getting it in black rubber, but every reviews say the bracelet is so nice and light.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I got to try it on at the AD today. I was surprised how well it wore for its size, and how light it was. No matter that I “knew” both of these things, I was still pleasantly surprised. When I first became aware of this watch, it was between this and the white OP39 for my next purchase, and the OP won out then. This is now on top of my want list for 2020.

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Which ones do you like the most? I was thinking about getting it in black rubber, but every reviews say the bracelet is so nice and light.
The bracelet is the best option IMO. The straps are nice too but the bracelet is so well done and incredibly comfortable, I’ll probably never use the straps. Get it on the bracelet.

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got to try it on at the AD today. I was surprised how well it wore for its size, and how light it was. No matter that I “knew” both of these things, I was still pleasantly surprised. When I first became aware of this watch, it was between this and the white OP39 for my next purchase, and the OP won out then. This is now on top of my want list for 2020.

It looks great on you. And a wise choice getting the white OP39 first....I love mine. Next piece for me will probably be the El Primero 38. Thinking of selling my Pam to fund it since it gets zero wrist time. The older I get, the smaller my watch preference is becoming....38mm to 39mm is my sweet spot.

Reactions: Gazza74

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
It looks great on you. And a wise choice getting the white OP39 first....I love mine. Next piece for me will probably be the El Primero 38. Thinking of selling my Pam to fund it since it gets zero wrist time. The older I get, the smaller my watch preference is becoming....38mm to 39mm is my sweet spot.
The El Primeros are sweet. I was impressed with how versatile they are. If you’re not wearing your Pam, then it’ll be a good swap. I too find 38-39mm to be the sweet spot, which is why I was surprised the Defy wore so well. The OP is the best daily wear watch IMO.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, nicely done !

I was told by the manufacture that the caseback needed to be opened in order to swap the endlinks...apparently not...

Did you use loctite when you put the screws back on ?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
The bracelet is the best option IMO. The straps are nice too but the bracelet is so well done and incredibly comfortable, I’ll probably never use the straps. Get it on the bracelet.
Agree! Always cheaper to buy on bracelet and later add rubber / leather options than the other way around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Drksaint

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, nicely done !

I was told by the manufacture that the caseback needed to be opened in order to swap the endlinks...apparently not...

Did you use loctite when you put the screws back on ?

Thanks
No you don’t need to open the caseback to change the straps. I didn’t use loctite nor would I recommend using loctite unless you never intend on switching out the bracelet or straps.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Any1 know if Zenith or an AD might sell me the orange version of this strap? I think it originally comes with a special edition Swizz Beats iteration. That would more than convince me to purchase this watch. This version with the orange rubber strap would look amazing!

·
Registered
β | Ω | ♛ | 🌹 | ★
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any1 know if Zenith or an AD might sell me the orange version of this strap? I think it originally comes with a special edition Swizz Beats iteration. That would more than convince me to purchase this watch. This version with the orange rubber strap would look amazing!
You’d have to check with an AD or grey market dealer with contacts.

Personally don’t think the orange strap would look good on this version as the seconds markers in the chapter ring are blue and the watch is titanium as opposed to orange and black on the Swiss Beats version. You’re probably better off purchasing the SB version.

181394D9-E666-4F52-994C-F72C36630900.jpeg

1 - 20 of 66 Posts