WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Zenith El Primero Chronomaster Watch, Triple Date Moonphase Chronograph Cal 410
For sale is this stunning Zenith El Primero 'Chronomaster'. The Chronomaster, like all the other watches in the El Primero range, features Zeniths famed high-beat chronograph movement, which is naturally COSC chronometer rated. In addition to all of this, the watch features a tachymetre, a triple date (date, day, month), and a true moonphase complication. The styling for this watch harks back to the 1950s and features a script font on the dial, dauphine hands and a lustrous silver dial.
I wont fill up the description with marketing blurb, and it should suffice to say this is a well regarded watch among enthusiasts, with plenty of features, exhilarating looks and a price point well below what you would have paid brand new for this (around £7000 RRP new in todays money). You can see watchuseek and ranfft for more details.
It has been well looked after and cherished, which is apparent from its exemplary condition. The watch comes in its wooden case, but unfortunately has no paperwork, as I assume it has been through several sales. The watch comes on a brown alligator grain leather strap, but I also have the original metal bracelet for it, with all of its original links.
The high-beat automatic movement (it can also be hand wound) is a calibre 410, with the aforementioned features, is a feature filled mechanical marvel to wonder and gawp at. It can be seen through the sapphire caseback, so you can judge its visual condition from the photos. I have wore this watch on several special occasions and it appears to be keeping time. The crown can be used to quickset the date, month and the time without any issues, the chronograph is starting, stopping and resetting properly and the day/moonphase pushers work well too without sticking. However I do not have any service history and have not tested the watch for waterproofing or for COSC compliance. As with any vintage watch, I would recommend that the buyer get your own watchmaker to inspect the watch thoroughly and perform any servicing required.

My reason for sale is the lack of use of the watch, as I have a second Zenith El Primero 03.2150.400/69 - which is 38mm and features the lovely tri-colour chronograph dial. I will put up a picture of it below, but please note it is not for sale.

Case: 40mm without crown Strap: 20mm aftermarket genuine leather strap, and Original Zenith Stainless Bracelet
Movement: Automatic calibre 410, running
Box: Yes
Papers: No

I am looking for £2795 GBP or Best Offer via paypal, I do post internationally.
Within the UK I post free of charge, via Special Delivery, insured and tracked.
International buyers to contribute towards the postage costs of international tracked postage.
I have sold several pieces on WUS and I am more than happy to show you references.
My ebay feedback is 1200+. Click on the images below for larger version, and if you have any questions, please ask.

This one is not for sale, but is the reason for selling my other Zenith:
s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts