WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to share this watch in the Forum it has 124 P movement and has a 14 K gold case and housing asking price is still high the Zenith was bought in Zürich by this seller in 2009 at a price CHF 3000,- an unique watch indeed ! Movement number : 3395359 !

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,854 Posts
Well, true - the watch is from 1941-42, i.e. in the middle of WWII, but there is nothing to substantiate the claim of it being a military watch. Just because it has a black dial, that doesn't mean it's military. Military watches:

- don't come in gold cases
- have lumed hands and dial indices
- often have some markings on the case that point to the watch having been made for the military (e.g. DH engraving for "Deutsches Heer")

...none of which apply here. On top of that, the crown is a definite replacement (from the fifties or sixties) and black dials often point towards a watch having been redialled - they were very rare on non-military/diver watches in the old days.

Nevertheless, thanks for showing that.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Nice watch any way. I guess it is sort of military since it was made in the middle of WW II. I've seen similar watches in this period so I think it is all original (except perhaps the service crown). Thanks for showing this.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well, true - the watch is from 1941-42, i.e. in the middle of WWII, but there is nothing to substantiate the claim of it being a military watch. Just because it has a black dial, that doesn't mean it's military. Military watches:

- don't come in gold cases
- have lumed hands and dial indices
- often have some markings on the case that point to the watch having been made for the military (e.g. DH engraving for "Deutsches Heer")

...none of which apply here. On top of that, the crown is a definite replacement (from the fifties or sixties) and black dials often point towards a watch having been redialled - they were very rare on non-military/diver watches in the old days.

Nevertheless, thanks for showing that.

Hartmut Richter
On top of that military watches often have a second "dust cover" under the caseback, and they usually have a shockproof balance.

I would rephrase it to a WWII-era watch.

I still very much like the black dial with gold case, it looks original to me. The signed crown is a nice touch, I would be happy with that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts