WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Nanameow from hk again, may I ask is below one original?

thanks a lot! Millon thanks 馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beautiful watch! I see no warning signs.

Hartmut Richter
Hi Hartmut, yes it looks really nice and close to defy design, but since this Zenith dial is very common, I am not sure do this dial is really applied on this Octagon model.

I had 1 bumper 133.8 (1950s), 1 small second (1960s), if I bought it which will be my first automatic Vintage Zenith in 1970s.

Collect such vintage watch is really interesting : )

And thanks a again for all professional member here!

Registered
If it helps, I also think the dial is original. I estimate this rare model dates to 1971.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It鈥檚 really pity that I already confirmed the price and arranged payment in Chrono2X, the seller privately sold this watch to other people.

First time facing this situation that like some people took my girlfriend......

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, what a bummer! I hate it when people don't honour their commitments like that..... :mad:

Hartmut Richter
Yes, my payment still locked in Chrono24......
Not sure when will release back to my credit card......

Before my first plan is to buy this....but now still feeling bad to have it......as I saw another one looks better before.
It鈥檚 look too common model and not rare actually (Compare to Octagon) right?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or how about this?
Dial without 鈥渁utomatic鈥 text I also seldom see in the market.
28800 one is series E back case

this one is series D back case

Both of them are comes with 2562PC movement.

Registered
True the gold automatics are a lot rarer than the hand-wound. But be careful, if it doesn't mention 'automatic' on the dial, it is not an automatic! So the last one is probably a hand-wound cal 2552 C or 2562 C. The last but one which you posted seems a fine example of a gold automatic.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator
True the gold automatics are a lot rarer than the hand-wound. But be careful, if it doesn't mention 'automatic' on the dial, it is not an automatic! So the last one is probably a hand-wound cal 2552 C or 2562 C. The last but one which you posted seems a fine example of a gold automatic.
...or else it's a redial or it's a dial swap! In either case, it's not as desirable as the original thing.

Hartmut Richter

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...or else it's a redial or it's a dial swap! In either case, it's not as desirable as the original thing.

Hartmut Richter
yes, anything like a substitute unless it鈥檚 better one. I found a Captain de luxe in market hope I can get it. Usually hot thing will be sold out quite fast......

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Hartmut Richter
How about this? Why some of captain de luxe are in A series back case, and some in D series back case?

Mr Richter and Sem, I have learned a lot from you, I shall pay you the coffee when you are in Hong Kong!

Registered
After A there came D. The one with case number 994Axxx dates to c. 1967/68 and the one with 357Dxxx to 1969.

Registered
It depends, which one did you get? The one from c. 1967 should still have the old style buckle ('z in star'). The second buckle ('Zenith') is suitable for the period 1969-1972,

Registered
Congratulations! Although it dates to ca. early 1969, the crown still has the old logo, and so the buckle with the old logo would also be fitting.

Registered
Yes, it looks very similar to the model which you posted before, only this one is slightly later, ca. 1972/73: it now has a model number inside the case instead of the case number on the back; and more importantly, this one is hand-wound instead of automatic. It looks all original and the buckle has the logo used from 1973-2000.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, it looks very similar to the model which you posted before, only this one is slightly later, ca. 1972/73: it now has a model number inside the case instead of the case number on the back; and more importantly, this one is hand-wound instead of automatic. It looks all original and the buckle has the logo used from 1973-2000.
Hi Sem,

I still think little bit strange for this Octagon with 2562C movement, up to now I found 3pcs in market which are sold out are all comes with 2562PC movement.

Also the seller is selling it around 2200EUR which is too expensive, do you think is it worth?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts