WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curoius if anyone has seen anything where dials or hands were modified or replaced on a Zenith Open to make them more legible? I know it may sound rediculous to some, but I bought this piece loving everything about it, but living with it has been a different story. It may be just my eyes, but I find it near impossible to tell the time on the watch, especially anytime the hands are between 8 and 12, I finally pulled the watch from rotation until I find a solution.

. fullsizeoutput_4bff.jpeg

Attachments

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
18,806 Posts
From here, that looks really..... - cheap! The hands (except chrono seconds) should all be facetted (ridged in the middle) and the power reserve hand should be gold coloured on that model. At least the seconds hand "star" has one arm with a painted tip, the rest look somewhat grotty. Maybe it's just the angle and the lighting.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Perhaps some after market customization company such as Bamford could paint the hands white or gold plate them depending on your preference. Even when properly faceted and mirror polished silver stainless steel on black can be tough to read.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, I wish thhere was an fix, but it lookls like I will have to move on from it
From here, that looks really..... - cheap! The hands (except chrono seconds) should all be facetted (ridged in the middle) and the power reserve hand should be gold coloured on that model. At least the seconds hand "star" has one arm with a painted tip, the rest look somewhat grotty. Maybe it's just the angle and the lighting.....

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
GMT, Polar Explorer, Seamaster GMT, El Primero Pilot, JLC Hometime, Constellation, Mini Turtle
1 Posts
Perhaps some after market customization company such as Bamford could paint the hands white or gold plate them depending on your preference. Even when properly faceted and mirror polished silver stainless steel on black can be tough to read.
I have this same problem with the white face. Hands are illegible when between 8 and 12.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts