WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this Zenith. I am an amateur when it comes to watches, I know this watch is not called a surf but I am unsure of the reference number. Watch looks over polished to me. I bought it online so it may be difficult to know exactly how it looks until I have it in my possession. I asked if the dial was repainted or retouched and the seller said not to his knowledge. The patina looks about right to me but I am not an expert. The watch looks to be from the 1970s. For what I paid for the watch I do not think I will take to much of a hit. The dial is what attracted me to this watch and it was a bit of an impulse buy. I should have done more research. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It dates to ca. mid 1970's. It looks all original and very nice, congratulations.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. It dates to ca. mid 1970's. It looks all original and very nice, congratulations.
Thank you this is my first Zenith watch. I think the El Primero Chronomaster will be my next big purchase, it seems to be a great value proposition on the secondhand market. I don't really see any other watches that compete at that price point.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I don't know how it's running I haven't recieved it yet. It should be arriving on Monday. This was somewhat of an impulse buy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I just received the watch. It looks even better than I expected. Although it doesn't look like a redial it does look like the paint is chipping a little on the dial on the right side, this can be seen in the photographs. Is this cause for concern? I wound the watch when I received it so I have yet to test the power reserve. While going through the date I noticed it had a little to a lot of trouble switching through some of the dates. I know this can be an expensive repair. Is this something I need to be concerned about? Thanks again guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts