WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have narrowed my strap choice down to these two finalists a Zergun Blackrider with a DLC buckle or a Bradystrap Black Sailcloth w/White Stitching with SS buckle. The Zergun website doesn't contain much information on the Blackrider other than size and buckle options, no mention of materials. I have been unable to find much information on the Blackrider strap online, either. Would anyone have any experience with Zergun straps and the Blackrider in particular?

OTOH I've seen lots of pics, posts and recommendations for the Bradystrap Sailcloth strap here on this site. Other than the "bulges" in the Bradystrap (see pics below) I don't see much difference appearance wise. The Bradystrap is also half of the price of the Zergun. I don't mind spending more for a high quality strap so price is not a primary factor. I'll add I also prefer the black DLC buckle option offered on the Zergun. This strap will go on a black faced diver, an Armida A2.

I suppose I could get them both and see for myself but I thought checking here first would be a good idea. Opinions and impressions welcomed. TIA.

Zergun Blackrider

Bradystrap Sailcloth

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well shoot, just like a lot of my fishing trips I'm using the wrong bait, not even a nibble. I will get both and report back on my findings.....

·
Registered
386 Posts
I dont own either but I have to say just by the photos and after looking at the DLC buckle I think the Zergun Blackrider is the choice I would make.

Cheers
John

·
Registered
741 Posts
The Blackrider looks a lot nicer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The 22mm X 22mm Blackrider was available earlier, I have one on the way. I will post some impressions when it arrives.
Thought I would finally post a follow up. My Blackrider strap bit the dust today after going almost 33 months of continuous use. The piece that holds the spring rod in place wore out and separated, other than that the outer part of the strap was still like new. I have a large wrist and was "in between" holes in the strap, the second hole was too tight and the first too loose. Used the second hole, it took a long time for the strap to stretch before it was comfortable and broke in. Other than than it was a great strap. The DLC buckle still looks like new too, never took a scratch. I will probably get another one. As for the Brady strap, I finally have a reason to wear it. It's comfortable but not as good looking as the Blackrider. Here's a picture of the Blackrider I took when I first got it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts