WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Sponsor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to all who have continued to follow our progress in the past few years and have become part of our family. As you already know we are changing our company name and the DSR Vintage 1000 and Hydromatic 500 models will be the first projects under ZIXEN brand name. The DSR programs are currently under development with initial release of DSR 1000 and DSR 500 to follow later. We have received many inquiries about these projects that we thought it would be best to post an update about it.
Here is the latest, we have completed the first stage of design freeze for prototyping the special compressor case, the “DSR1000" will be a more manageable size case right at 44mm wide, around 50.5 mm in length, and around 15 mm thickness, the exact specification TBD, It will follow our other programs in terms of technical development and testing, as Trimix and Heliox. The Hydromatic 500 project will follow soon. The DSR series will be offered in variety of dial, bezel, and movement complexity & configurations. When we set out to design and build the DSR series we wanted to develop more of classic design cases, that was very popular during the 60’s and 70’s they were offered on some legendary dive watches. The DSR models will deliver the vintage look with the latest modern technology in manufacturing with updated features, it will be available on integrated exclusive Zixen design bracelet. Similar to our Trimix Deep diver, and Heliox Super-sub, the unique cases of both models are exclusive to Zixen,it is engineered in-house with emphasis on Vintage compressor and cushion case design. The DSR 500 will also have a unique configuration with a complex convex case design with a lower backcase profile that will wrap around the wrist for great comfort and functionality equipped with internal rotating diver bezel, also with a more manageable size of around 44mm. We will have more updates as it becomes available in the near future.

We are exited to present you with CAD rendering of the all new limited production “DSR Hydromatic 1000” and “DSR Hydromatic 500” :-!

JOE:thanks

Zixen Watch Company

Attachments

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Joe, Beautiful new offerings. It looks like it's going to be another amazing year from Zixen. |> |>

·
Registered
548 Posts
Joe, great stuff as usual. I am looking forward to the Chrono. I noticed that the mock up of the chrono has a caseback reflection that shows 500m depth rating. Is the chrono going to be rated to 1000m or 500m?

Your watches absolutely rock. Looking forward to the introduction of these pieces.

·
Registered
368 Posts
My Trimix just looked at me and asked when he was going to get a little brother.
I like the look of the Hydromatic.

Please keep up the excellent work.:-!

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Looking great as always Joe! :-! I really like the chrono lineup; and can't wait to see the first prototype models. Good luck on this newest venture. |>

·
6,880 Posts
Very cool Joe.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
I love the look of the 1000 Chronos. Great designs Joe.
Just wondering whether these will be offered with other straps other than mesh?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any chance of a pvd model ??? The orange dial with a pvd case sweet!!
More watches that are on my list. Any word on the little trimix model ??
Keep them coming !!:-!:-!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Nice work Joe! I can't wait.:-!

I'm still in for the DSR 1000 Chrono, vintage blue, curious to see the 12hr GMT bezel.

Are you still exploring a new bracelet for this series?

Cheers,

Sean

·
Registered
523 Posts
Did anyone else have the initial reaction that they look a little like Zodiacs??

Can't wait to see them when they are done.

·
Sponsor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks so much for your input,we are indeed working on a exclusive bracelet which will be acompany the DSR1000 and the new Trimix 44mm case. The bracelet will be integrated design for the Trimix and DSR. We are also working on mesh / bracelet combination design, so there will be more choices other than mesh.......:-!

1 - 20 of 219 Posts