WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on WUS for alittle over a year now and have found divers my love:) And I absolutely love them on bracelets|>...But seeing the leather straps on diver thread got me thinking that I should at least try this option first hand, before poo-pooing it.

So I looked over the strap forums and got in contact with one of our members who makes some nice straps. David, who goes by "amacman", was contacted and he was able to customize a nice dark grey strap that I was envisioning for my Zixen Nitrox II with the silver dial and grey sapphire bezel. I found some light grey straps at other sites, but I thought a darker one would go with the sapphire well. David had a brushed light grey strap that looked real nice...and thinking it actually might still work, but we conversed over email and was able to come up with this darker grey brushed leather, with rust and grey thread accents.

I have had it on a week now and I think I like it.|> The dark grey is actually hard to photo, so I tried it with different backgrounds...sometimes seems dark grey, black, and even dark chocolate...which I really like!!! I am thinking it might also look real good with my other Zixen too.

I had David (strapevolution web site) make me a swiss ammo strap which indeed has a vintage look to it and can't wait to try it on some of my other 24mm divers. A |> for David too!

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
I like the two different thread colors ... really nice combo

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Love it! One of the nicer custom straps I've seen!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That looks really good. I always prefer straps over bracelets and this case is no different. I think the darker gray strap contrasts nicely with the lighter dial color and case finish.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Nice strap. Looks like it could have come with the watch, which also, I must say, looks good on that bracelet.

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Nice strap. Looks like it could have come with the watch
I agree completely. That strap looks as though you sent the watch head to David, and he custom matched it perfectly. Nice craftsmanship on the strap. Thumbs up |> for a great looking combo! A+

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I did not send the watch to David....just good ol' communication! He dyes the leather black then brushes it....and I wanted something in between the light grey that he already had and a charcoal...we got lucky with the first pictures he sent me!

here are some other pics along with my other 24mm divers....really like the collage feature on photobucket. So which one should I try the vintage swiss ammo on?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts