WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It comes in a wooden box that appears to be domestically manufactured. I'm guessing that because Russians have a lot of skill with wood, and I can't figure out what keeps the box together.There are no obvious signs of nails, staples or glue. It certainly doesn't look Chinese to me in any way, it's extremely square, level and tightly constructed.

The watch comes with a Russian made black strap that I don't like.

I was slightly surprised and just a little disappointed that the 194 doesn't look exactly like the automatic 195. Apparently the 194 is shorter and the lugs have a different shape, still nice but not what I was expecting.

This watch is supposed to have the optional sapphire crystal and I was expecting it to have that blue look at certain angles like the first bronze 1967, but it's completely clear all the time so I'm not sure if it's actually sapphire or how to find out. So that's a little disappointing.

I'm also slightly disappointed because I thought the watch would look bigger. I don't have a big wrist and really expected it to look and feel like a very large watch.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with it. It really has a quality look and solid feel, the dial is also much nicer looking in person.

IMG_20200731_204527065.jpg

Here's a 195, notice the more curved down lugs and additional height of the case.
View attachment 15374779

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Looks lovely.

I’m happy with the case size, I’m not sure I’d want it any bigger.

Is there a gasket in the canteen lid? On mine it looks like there should be one but isn’t.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a gasket in the canteen lid? On mine it looks like there should be one but isn’t.
I think I see what you mean about the gasket. I'll find out what's going on with that. I suspect the gasket may actually be between the two parts of the lid.

Are there any other issues with your watch? I still want to know if the glass is actually sapphire.

IMG_20200801_075723202~2.jpg

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
The only other thing is the pins are drilled off square. Yours seem to be too.

On the plus side this is probably my almost favourite watch atm. It’s a touch rustic. Couldn’t wear it for work. Still think it’s ugly but thank you for introducing me to it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only other thing is the pins are drilled off square. Yours seem to be too.

On the plus side this is probably my almost favourite watch atm. It’s a touch rustic. Couldn’t wear it for work. Still think it’s ugly but thank you for introducing me to it.
I'm not sure what you mean about the pins. Personally I don't think it's ugly at all, but it wasn't designed to win a beauty contest. 😂 Maybe that's why I like it so much.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
The size and proportions seem to be a good balance between the supersized functionalism of the 191 and actual wearabilty for civilian use. I can imagine one on my wrist, unlike any of the other Agat watches.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The size and proportions seem to be a good balance between the supersized functionalism of the 191 and actual wearabilty for civilian use. I can imagine one on my wrist, unlike any of the other Agat watches.
I wish they would make something somewhere between the 46mm 195 and the 53mm 193.
Maybe a 49.5 mm version? 😂

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
That’s how I feel. It’s just ever so slightly too big without being ridiculous.

I couldn’t be happier with mine.

With the crown being on the left I have to wind it upside down. The watch, not me.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts