WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a modern remake of the 1970s Zlatoust Vodolaz Diver's watch. On the Russian forum it's known as the 'Tourist' version because it's not made to the original spec and sold as a kind of 'novelty' ;-)

I've just been re-united with this particular one after a separation of five years. I bought it new from Zenitar and later sold it to a nice chap over on TZ-UK in 2005.
The recent threads about the Zlatoust on the Russian forum rekindled my interest so I contacted him to see if he still had it. He did & agreed to sell it back to me :-!

58mm case, 75mm inc canteen & 260g :-d........

Cheers :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
That is a monster!
I like the fact that you managed to track down your original watch. I've sold a few that I wouldn't mind wearing again but I can't bring myself to purchase the same model twice. Re-owning the original is a perfect solution and has a feeling of good karma about it!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Nice!

Is it plated? It doesn't look like most of the already brassing plated ones I see on ebay.

I want a zlaty diver very badly but I only have a 7in wrist and I have feeling I'd never wear it even on the rare novelty occasion.

·
Registered
77 Posts
wow that's a real monster!!! it looks like it could take a serious beating enjoy the reunion:-!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very nice. I don't think I could have parted with it to begin with. I've never been able to bring myself to flip any of my Russian watches. Enjoy your reunion. |>

·
Registered
8,581 Posts
It's one of the things I like about this hobby - the idea that contacting someone you sold something to half a decade ago and asking if you can buy it back is totally acceptable.
As I said in the WRUW thread, nice watch but completely bankers.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all your replies chaps :-!

Is it plated? It doesn't look like most of the already brassing plated ones I see on ebay.
I don't know for sure :think: I've read that these are plated but it looks like S/S to me :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts