WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are the stock spring bars sturdy enough for a zulu strap or should I try to find some heavy duty ones... If I should look for heavy duty ones, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Normal spring-bars should be fine, after all, one of the benefits of a NATO is that if one fails the watch doesn't fall off completely.
Have you seen gasgasbones straps? I've mine on one and they do the same as a NATO but with a velcro fastening which imo makes for a comfier fit with no loops to get snagged.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Gasgasbones is currently moving jobs and locations...according to his website. I really would like one of those straps. Until then, I wear my Sinn on Natos and zulus almost exclusively.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Do you guys have any idea from where I can buy some spring bars for my U2? I suppose some of my local watch repair shops would have such items in stock, but I was wondering if I'm better off ordering some good ones from the internet. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are the stock spring bars sturdy enough for a zulu strap or should I try to find some heavy duty ones... If I should look for heavy duty ones, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

My AD put the steel bracelet springs in for me when I wanted to use NATO straps. He said they were stronger than the ones which came with the leather strap.

BTW I wouldn't recommend velcro straps- I lost 2 watches whilst surfing. The velcro sticks to the wet suit and effectively rips it off. Go the buckle

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Use shoulderless type

No flange type. County Comm sell them for the CSAR 1.8mm diameter. Will extend into the lug holes all the way like the older Rolex type.:rodekaart

Julies Borel sells them also. and Ofiel in San Francisco.:-!

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Not sure if its proper to mention, but when I order Zulus from strappedfortime.com, they include a set of springbars for whatever size Zulu i'm getting. Pretty cool, others may do this also but just a thought if you would also be looking to get a strap.

Here's a U1 shot on Zulu.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts