WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Type Mil Strap Do you prefer.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've tried both, and I find the smaller Nato squared rings more subtle (in a good way), and less likely to bang into things than the Zulus. Plus, on the right watch, I like the look of the Nato rings on either side of the case.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Zulu.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Which do you like the best.

I prefer the Zulu's Rounded Keepers and buckle.

The Nato's Squared edges on the metal make it flimsy and cheap feeling.
I feel the opposite; I think the rounded corners look to 80's era/climber carabiner ish. Plus w/ a name like ZULU - that equals big turn-off.

The NATO blunted squares look more military and vintage feeling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I love my 4 ring Zulu! I was worried that the watch would be elevated above the wrist too much but after receiving it I find it ok (the sit high on the wrist is exaggerated to me). Zulus are thicker and look better IMO. Natos look too flimsy but are thinner. I find my Zulu to be very comfortable and smooth. Sometimes I can't even feel it!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I feel the opposite; I think the rounded corners look to 80's era/climber carabiner ish. Plus w/ a name like ZULU - that equals big turn-off.

The NATO blunted squares look more military and vintage feeling.
Zulu a big turn off.

Thats funny, Zulu is Military Speak(NATO Phonetic Alphabet) for the letter Z.
So I guess you could call it a Z strap.

OF course NATO is the name of the entire Phonetic Alphabet.

The rounded edges are much more military inspired, IMO.

But I love the Bond Nato's.........

I see the Nato is literally being crushed by the Zulu as I expected.

Zulus also win big time in the comfort category.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Zulu is way to busy with all those rings. And not very comfortable to me. I work in construction and am outside all day and prefer the nato much more My strap door is filled with Zulu's and Nato's but I use the Nato or Beefy straps.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You're not in politics are you? Gerrymandering of the first order!! Since you excluded the Rhino from the 'contest' the Zulu only wins be default...

The Zulu is inferior to the Rhino in every way. So there!

As for the NATO, if it's good enough to issue to Her Majesty's Armed Forces, it's good enough for me... :-d

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I couldn't get used to NATO style with buckle on the side of my wrist....& the extra layer of fabric on NATO & 4 ring Zulu....I prefer the 2 ring Zulu w/ buckle on the bottom of my wrist.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would say it depends on the watch. I first got a Zulu for my (plastic bodied) Luminox, but found it total overkill for such a light watch. A NATO followed, and it's just perfect. On the other hand, a Black Monster on a NATO would be ridiculous, but mine looks and feels just great on a Zulu.

So, my bet is NATO for light/slim watches, Zulu for heavy/thick machines.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts